We have found that individuals seek out services for a variety of reasons. Some of the benefits of working with a therapist on anger related issues include the following:
- Changing unhealthy anger into effective and acceptable behaviors – improving life and relationship satisfaction.
- Uncovering and dealing with the underlying negative emotions that drive anger.
- Identifying and applying techniques which defuse triggers for anger.
- Learning healthy ways of expressing anger through communication, empathy and problem-solving.
- Consistently managing anger through effective, practical skills and forgiveness.
- Exploring and altering cognitive distortions and false beliefs into constructive thinking and positive self-talk.